Vote on the best upper.... FN anyone?

Which upper would you choose from these four,, if all four were fresh out the oven?

• Total voters

bennnn

Here's a chance to prop or bash all four at once for a few days..

In the poll, I put them in the order that matches what I believe...

We're all different, so vote on which you feel is the best in TODAY'S world..

Then post how you rank them in order..

Opinions are nice, but we all know what those are like..

For me it's;

FN
Colt
Bushmaster
RRA

Production stuff only,, no custom talk.....

MisterPX

Assuming you're talking AR uppers, none is greater than teh next. If I took a sample of all 4, stripped the forge marks off, I doubt you'd be able to differentiate between them.

john in jax

As MisterPix stated I haven't noticed a significant difference.

IMO the Olympic Arms K16 and K8 uppers really make them stand out and above the other Mfg's.

If you're not willing to consider Oly then I'd vote for DPMS . . . but they aren't listed either.

atblis

WHat ever

What ever is cheapest. What exactly does an AR upper do that is critical (or the lower for that matter)? As long as the holes are reasonably straight and...

OBIWAN

I guess it depends on how you plan to use it

Based on the feedback I see from trainers....

Guys that see a quarter - half million rounds go downrange in a year

They are most certainly NOT all the same

But if you are going to shoot 100 rounds a few times a year

And your life will NOT depend on the reliable functioning of the weapon

Get whatever is on sale:D

atblis

Yes

Well, I shouldn't say whatever is cheapest. There are some that flat out suck. But in general, all decent ones are about the same.

OBIWAN

Just saw a post by an officer in a department that just got a dozen bushhamsters

None of the carrier keys was staked properly and one was loose

The Body Bagger

Colt or FN uppers are the only ones built properly. The carbine Colts have F front sight bases, tapered pins, 4150 barrels, magnetically particle inspected bolt carrier assemblies and barrels, true M4 feed ramps with cuts into the reciever then anodized, and proper parkerization under the front sight base; all these things Bushmaster (with exception of using a 4150 barrel) and RRA do not.

atblis

Oh

Are we talking about just the upper receiver or the entire assembly (barrel, etc.)? I was referring to just the receiver when I said "get the cheapest decent one possible" and assumed you were building your own.

In the case of assembled uppers, yeah not all are created equal. I like Colt. Never tried FN. Not too impressed so far with Armalite/Eagle/Bushmaster

OBIWAN

1. How much use is your upper without the BCG???

2. Are you insinuating that the only place Bushmaster cuts corners is on their bolt carriers:rolleyes:

essexcounty

This pole is disengenous........

I voted Colt............But a list of four is sort of a short list. Best for what? As compared to who? Is value a consideration? I see this as Ford vs. Chevy vs. Mopar. There is no correct answer. Essex

hj28rules

I voted for Colt. I have a post-ban HBAR15A3 Carbine. The fit and finish are superb, the action is reliable and the accuracy is astonishing @ any range. The only other upper I would consider is the Armalite. Both are industry standard to which all others aspire.

LM...Ft. Worth, Tx.
SFC US Army (ret.)

MisterPX

1. How good is your rifle if you field it with Greek M855?
2. Are you insunuating that a Colt bolt didn't break at 10K rounds, while a Model 1 Bolt made it to 15K?;)

bennnn

Colt or FN uppers are the only ones built properly.
That's where I'm leaning these days........

essexcounty, I have a few Colt parts myself...
But a list of four is sort of a short list. Best for what? As compared to who? Is value a consideration? I see this as Ford vs. Chevy vs. Mopar. There is no correct answer.

There is no correct answer,, to a poll... Just results.