Vortex Customer Service

ronl

My rifle had a mishap last week, it fell out of a truck onto pavement and skid for about 20 feet. Luckily, the rifle , except for a small scratch on the butt of the stock, was unharmed. The scope, however, was a different story. It took a pretty good hammering. The SF knob was ground up as was the elevation turret cover. The Butler Creek caps prevented any damage to the front of the scope. It hit hard enough to snap one of the scope rings. I figured it was toast, but everything internally seemed to function fine, which, to me, proves just how tough the Viper series of scopes really is. I mailed the scope back to Vortex last Fri. and they received it on Mon. I have it back in my hands tonight, Thurs., as good as new. It only cost me the postage to mail it to Vortex. Checked, cleaned, and with a new objective ring, parallax knob and elevation cap, it now resides once again on my rifle. I cannot say how pleased I am with the service I received. They certainly do stand behind their product. I cannot believe just how fast they handled this for me. Hats off to the Customer Service guys at Vortex. It is, I have to say, the best in the business.

That's great news, good to hear they stand behind their claims.
And to hear how the internals were fine after such an accident.

What line of scope is it?
Viper? Razor?

hooligan1

That is one way to test a scope,,,, and then customer service!! I'm pleased with my Vortex and will buying more Vortex stuff in the future.;)

Do any of you fellows own the Viper PST.
If you do, is it a good scope?
Its has a lot of great features, and its a great price. Generally that means poor quality, but there is always a few exceptions.

WWWJD

Love my PST!! Hopefully I'll never have to call them. :)

SANY0276.JPG

ronl

To put an end to this thread, I went out shooting today to test everything out, and all went well. It took five shots to zero the rifle and it was dead on. The scope performed as expected. Mirage was horrible, even at 100, but I did manage a .456" group in the bull. We had a bad guy cardboard set out at 500 and my friend said we couldn't hit it. I laughed, dialed my come ups and put one through the left eye. I think everything is okay with the rifle/scope combination. I did change my set up. I exchanged the Leupold two piece mounts for a 20 MOA EGW, and used TPS rings instead of the Burris, and I am very happy. Thanks, Vortex, for your terriffic customer service. And thanks to Vern Harrison for getting me the rings and letting me borrow his torque wrenches to properly install them.

arizona98tj

Do any of you fellows own the Viper PST.

The Viper PST would be one of those exceptions.

I am running a Viper PST 4-16x50 FFP mil/mil on my Savage 10 FCP HS-Precision. I was running a Bushnell 4200 Elite FFP 6-24x50 but decided to give the PST a try. I am glad I did....the glass quality is better, IMO. I also like the turrets better and the elevation turret has an adjustable zero stop on it.

10fcp-5.jpg

arizona98tj,
thats funny you said that because that was the other scope I was interested in.
I'm surprised to hear you thought the glass was better, as I thought the general observations was the Bushnell had the better glass.