Vintage Keyless Trigger Lock - UTL - Anyone familiar??

Dead-Nuts-Zero

Looking for an old & perhaps out of production trigger lock.
Anyone recognize the following gun lock description?

Back in mid 70's I had a trigger lock that was installed & released by pinching/squeezing together two spring loaded buttons. The spring tension was adjustable between medium-heavy & hulk. It was very simple to operate by an adult but a small child would not have the strength to operate.

Had to use thumb & fore finger to open unit then slide over trigger guard, release your grip & it clamped itself over the trigger guard.

Unit was silver in color and I think it had a common recognizable brand name possibly "Gun-Guard"?
At the time it was approved by department & used for safe home out of sight storage of revolver around small children. At the time I thought they were the greatest tool to secure a loaded revolver in the night stand at arms reach when off duty. Just squeeze & release, no key needed. Are they still made and available today?

Jim Watson

Just to confirm your recollection, I have seen the trigger block you describe.
But I have no idea where to get one now.

bamaranger

remember

I remember those too.......seem to recollect that early in my career, we were issued same at one of my posts......might have been while I was at the 'Bell.

I'll look around. Recently retired, and have boxes of stuff from work unopened.

If I find one, I'll PM. Don't hold our breath though, that was over 30 yrs ago.