Vintage Child .22 Rifle Who Made It

Codye

I have a single shot .22 child's rifle, but it has no name on it. Only the numbers 27519 or 8 as the last number. Metal plat butt and appears to be walnut but not sure. It's from the 50's or before.

Any help appreciated.

jag2

Yeah, pics. Also try to remove the barrel from the stock. There may be info on the underside.

Codye

If I knew how to post a pic I would. That would b the way to go. If anyone can explain, it would be helpful.
It is a single shot, curled lever action.

It is a single shot, curled lever action.
That sounds like the rifle a friend of my grandparents (we called her "Aunt Mary" as an honorific) had when I was a kid. She let me and my brother shoot it in her apple orchard. I was too young to know much besides how to sight it and pull the trigger but based on what I can remember 60 years later, I'd say it was a falling block single shot.

Please figure out how to post pictures.

Codye

I found that it is a Stevens "Favorite".
I have looked for serial numbers to determine date but have not found a source. Serial # 27519 or 8

Codye

attachment.php

Attachments

• 22.jpg
    22.jpg
    66.2 KB · Views: 520
Last edited by a moderator:

Drm50

Here is a page out of a hunting and trapping supply I
recently bought in a lot at a estate sale. Pick out your
Stevens, note price and send to me. I'm willing to pay
New Price for it even used. LOLIMG_3482.JPG

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Scorch

I have a single shot .22 child's rifle
Just FWIW, that is not a "child"s rifle", it is a full-sized single-shot 22 rifle. "Boys' rifles" like the (Winchester 1902, Remington Rolling Block Model 6, Savage Model 3, or the Stevens Little Scout shown in Drm50's attachment) were designed specifically for younger shooters, and so had shorter stocks and barrels, and were more economically priced and of lower quality construction.