Video featuring attack on a motorist

Status
Not open for further replies.

divemedic

Click here to find video

Does the video in this post meet the criteria for use of deadly force in your state?

I think it does in Florida.

776.013 Home protection; use of deadly force; presumption of fear of death or great bodily harm.--

(1) A person is presumed to have held a reasonable fear of imminent peril of death or great bodily harm to himself or herself or another when using defensive force that is intended or likely to cause death or great bodily harm to another if:

(a) The person against whom the defensive force was used was in the process of unlawfully and forcefully entering, or had unlawfully and forcibly entered, a dwelling, residence, or occupied vehicle, or if that person had removed or was attempting to remove another against that person's will from the dwelling, residence, or occupied vehicle; and

(b) The person who uses defensive force knew or had reason to believe that an unlawful and forcible entry or unlawful and forcible act was occurring or had occurred.

What about your state?

dasmi

I think when he stepped in front of or behind my vehicle, I would've floored it and dumped the clutch.

wolverine350

If i felt like i was in a position that there was gonna be imidiate bodily harm done i would have been justified to use deadly force, being in the car and able to move whether it be back and forth was smart on their part, so if i would a been hit or he tried to get in the car, ya do what ya got to do:cool:

Alnamvet

As far as I'm concerned...

the minute a car in front of me does not allow me to escape this unprovoked and potentially deadly attack, I will calmly step out of my vehicle and give this pr$%k exactly what he deserves...if for no other reason then I am in mortal fear of my life as well as the lives of my family...what he is smashing the car with appears to be a lethal and deadly weapon, and my attorney will agree, as well as a jury of MY peers. Case closed.:mad:

dwatts47

you talked me into it....

"your honor, I wanted to drive away and I was scared. The man seemed to have a death wish- like he was on drugs. He was blocking the movement of my car with his body, I felt as if I had no other choice. I had to shoot to save my life and the lives of my family. I didn't want to hurt him. I had no choice."

Is this thread locked yet??

Garand Illusion

To me, there's no question.

Somebody start's busting the windows on my car they're breaking the windows my children sit next to -- the windows my children are secured in their car seats to and unable to get away from.

I'd be ending that assault real fast. Hopefully by chasing the guy away, but whatever it takes.

azredhawk44

I've seen this video before, and I think it is a staged fake.

That being said, were I being hammered with a crowbar by street trash while minding my own business, I'd probably defend myself appropriately.

hot sauce

This video is old and was on Bum Fights 2 or3, cant remeber. Do you notice how he picks up the "crowbar" and goes after the dinkyest little car on the road. If he wanted to prove to me that he was crazy he should have tried that crap on "Bubba's" truck! If he would have done it to me I would have had to put a 45acp HP between his lips and nose. Then got back in my truck and drove to a safer location while explaining my actions to 911.

glockman19

Who needs a gun? Your 3200 lb deadly wepon is the car. I would have run the sucker over then either dragged him or backed over him a couple of times before calling the cops.

Alnamvet

Mike...

do exactly what he is doing to a police cruiser, and lets see if the criteria for use of deadly force becomes an issue...better yet...do that to a Secret Service motorcade vehicle and see what happens.;)

Bud Helms

Well, a direct link to a video with streaming vulgarity ... 'been posted here before, not firearms related in the normal sense.

Not TFL material, guys. Sorry.

Closed. Off topic and As Art would say, "My Grandma would not be happy with that video."

Status
Not open for further replies.