Video: ‘You Sneeze, You’re Dead Man’: Texas Man Humiliates Burglars With 12-Gauge

Slugthrower

Excellent post, we definitely need more of that type of media coverage. I can't stand a thief and this man did a great job in ridding their neighborhood of a few scum bags.:cool:

BillCA

"Watching too many movies"... but it worked. :cool:

Actually, my favorite line used with a 12-ga pump came from an episode of Police Story. LAPD chased two guys in a car (Cadillac IIRC) until they broke through a fence of the LA River and bailed on foot. The LAPD passenger officer stepped out of the car, racked the 12 bore and yelled "Do you wanna die?" ...whereupon both perps stopped and raised their hands. :D

I'm glad things worked out for the gentleman in this story and certainly happy that the press coverage was supportive. (Hey, it is Texas after all!)

Sniff... sniff...

I always cry when there's a happy ending to the story! :p

My favorite all time movie line involving firearms is from Vice Squad (horrible 1970s movie)...

Smoking hot female cop. She and her partner go into a bar to question someone. They start something so she whips a Colt .38 snub out, sticks it in the guy's face and says "Blink and you die in the dark, MF'er."

Mainah

Great story, thanks for posting it Bill. I have a few thoughts; a) you'll never see anything like that on the news in the Northeast, b) nice to see a few racial stereotypes flipped, and c) he said he went to get "one of his shotguns", looks to me like he selected his 870 Express.

rampage841512

Great story. I also liked how they got all the positive feedback from other people, inclunding LEO, neighbors, his wife. Made it that much better.

Tanzer

I watched that clip with my "morning eyes" twice. Seems to me he had the same Mossberg 500 model that I own. Middle of the line gun all around, but the rack has a really distinctive "clack" to it, which is one reason I love it.
Boy is Mainah on target about the news coverage.

I would LOVE to see Katie Couric be FORCED to read that same story. I think her eyes would catch on fire.

It wasn't so much what his wife said, it was that little smile she gave at the end. dresden8 got it right. He's in for a good night. EEWWW... I just drew an awful picture in my mind of him in his BVD's standing at the foot of the bed racking that Mossy as foreplay. I gotta go punish myself by drinking tabasco sauce.

Harry Callahan

Here in Illinois or Kalifornia that gunowner might have been charged with assault on those poor perpetrators. After all they didn't mean any harm, your honor.:barf: