Vibration Dampner

AJG

Does anyone use a barrel vibration dampner?
I just picked up a Limbsaver from Dick's (1/2 price) and was wondering if it was even worth it. Didn't even go in there for that, but saw the 1/2 off and couldnt leave the last one on the rack.
It'll be on a Savage 10 series 308.

Scorch

There's a thread from last week titled "It didn't work!" about the SIMS Desonator. There are other threads form the past year or so that relate the owner's experience with them. Mostly positive, by the way. Works for some, not for others. Try it and find out.

AJG

yeah... I realize that but like I said, I just couldnt walk past the 1/2 off sign.
It shot really good last year, but I upgraded the "factory" scope & rings to Bushnell Trophy and Burris Tactical rings & bases. Sighting it in tomorrow... so I dont know how it shoots yet with the new eyes..........

nathaniel

From what I've seen from other people is that you need 2 one towards the end of the barrel and one towards the reciever. Is this right or are the people just wasteing their money?

warbirdlover

The instructions say if the barrel is free floated to start with it near the end and if not free floated start with it near the stock.

Poodleshooter

They seem to work on whippy pencil barrels.
My dad has one on his Remington model 7. It tightened up groups after he found the sweet spot, and also brought handloads with varying POI a bit closer together.
My concern with it is that it isn't as fixed as something like a muzzle tuner. Shifting it an inch can mess with POI.

Bottomline,they cost something like $10 at Natchez, so you're not out much even it doesn't work.