Very clean Buffalo Bore .38 spl. +P

velocette

I use Buffalo Bore 158 gr. +P LSWCC Hollow point ammo in my carry J frame Smith & Wesson revolvers. 5 in the cylinder, 5 in a speed strip in my back pocket.
Three weeks ago, the wife brought to me a speed strip with 5 Buffalo Bore .38 spl rounds in it that she had found in the clothes drier. It appeared that some forgetful male had left his reload in the pocket when the pants went into the wash.
They were very clean, very very clean. Rather than throw them away, I decided to put them to the side and see if they would fire. Yesterday, I went to my local range & after my usual practice stuff, loaded up the trusty 640 & fired all 5 "clean" rounds. No problems no hassles.
I don't recommend doing this with your carry ammo, but it is nice to know that even after a full cycle in washing machine and then a drier, the rounds worked perfectly.
+1 for Buffalo Bore ammo.

Roger

Tom2

Tell that to the guy that was posting about how he needed to "waterproof" his ammo, and wanted all the formulas for doing it. Maybe we should toss a bunch of various ammo in the washer and then pull them apart to see if they stayed dry. Not that many holes for water to get inside! Oilproofing is more like it as some oils penetrate better than water.

Jim March

That's hilarious :).

As a kid, my dad had small boats and we went out into the deep Pacific a lot. If I was into that now and carrying in marine environments I'd consider maybe wiping a bit of candle wax on the primer pocket rim. I'd also be detail-stripping my guns at least once a week or more...I *know* what salt air can do to metal.

These days I'm in Tucson AZ so...not an issue :D.