value of some rifles

spleenandideal

Please help me with a fair asking price for a couple of rifles I want to sell:

1- Enfield 2A Ishapore .308; obviously refinished surplus, very clean example...fired by me only 30 rounds. Still have importers box and instructions.

2- Ruger Mini14 Ranch Rifle, .233 stainless steel, standard factory stock, post-ban--has a Weigand weaver-type scope mount and a bushmaster AK-74style muzzle brake, 5-round factory mag, instructions. ~1500 rounds fired, in 90% condition.

3- Chinese SKS (norinco), 90% condition, with spike bayo, wood stock with plastic gas-tube handguard. I never fired it.

4- AK47-type semiauto, Polytech, preban full stock with spike bayo, ~85% condition, 16" bbl, with slant brake, one 30 round chinese blued mag.

5- Mosin Nagant M44, Polish, carbine length with the side folding spike bayo-- appears near mint, although some mild pitting in the bbl.

6- Iver Johnson M1 carbine .22LR.... W. German mfg, with 1 15 round mag, 90% condition, all wood stocks and handguard., appears parkerized.

Just trying to thin out my herd-- need the money to buy another gunsafe and rotors for my car. When I get a fair list I will try to get things straightened out with my local FFL and post in the for sale section.

Thanks a bunch for everyone's help!

stinger

$26 and I'll pay the shipping...:D

I hate it when someone sells their babies, but you gotta do what you gotta do. Good luck to you. At least if you are saving up for a new safe you aren't doing to bad.

Stinger

Ben Swenson

Don't listen to them.

$50 for all of them and I'll take care of shipping.

The mosin-nagant can be had in slightly better condition for $125. If you're willing to clean cosmoline for a couple days and/or have C&R FFL, we're talking more like $60.

can't help you with the others.

Kaylee

Here's some WAGs.. I'm sure you'll get some second opinions.. :p

1- Enfield 2A Ishapore .308 ... $125-$150?

2- Ruger Mini14 Ranch Rifle $450-$500?

3- Chinese SKS (norinco).. Once upon a time, $80-$100. Now.... $200 or so.

4- AK47-type semiauto, Polytech..... Not a clue. Ask Tamara. I'm gussing in the 1K range for a preban.

5- Mosin Nagant M44 .... WAG -- $60????

6- Iver Johnson M1 carbine ... not even gonna hazard a guess. No idea.

YMMV.
-K

Kernel

$100 is low for a .22LR Carbine clone. They haven't been imported for 7 or 8 years, they're kinda a niche item but demand is fairly strong. At gun shows I see them on tables in the $225 to $300 range - more than they sold for when new. The key thing is it has to be mechanically perfect and have a good magazine since parts are near impossible to obtain.

The Blue Book is notorious for under pricing discontinued/low volume/strong demand firearms. I remember a few years back they had the Ruger's (then) discontinued SBH "HUNTER" price at a hair over the price of a regular used SBH. In the real world the guns where going for $500 to $600 used - which was more than the HUNTER sold for when new and 2 to 3 time the price of a used SBH. -- Kernel

On those pre-ban Polytechs, be sure to state whether the receiver is machined or stamped. The machine receiver models command a few hundred more.

spleenandideal

The Polytech is a stamped reciever. Thanks for all the help so far....gives me a bit of a better idea on pricing.

Thought the M1.22LR woulda been worth a bit more.

Hkmp5sd

The Blue Book is notorious for under pricing discontinued/low volume/strong demand firearms.

That is very true. Prices also tend to be greatly effected by geographic area. Gotta know what you are selling/buying and use Blue Book as a 'guide' more than fact.