Value of Remington 40 XB

tomh1426

My father wants to sell this gun but I cant find to much info on it, how do I figure what Its worth?
Gunbroaker didnt have one and I dont know where else to look.
Its a Remington 40 XB (XBBR I think) Its chambered in 6mm ppc it has a 2oz trigger and a 30x Luepold scope.
It has a blued reciever a stainless barrel and a pretty plain flat bottom wood stock.
Im sure he's gunna throw in the dies and brass and bullets that hes got for it too.
I thought I was gunna get this gun one day but apparently the gun is boaring accurate.
Aneyone know the value or a place to find out?
Thanks, Tom

tomh1426

Thats the other thing how much is that scope worth worth?
Hopfully it will be a hard gun to sell so I get it one day, not that Im in a hurry to see that day.
Thanks, Tom

jason hammac

Give Dad a hug and say, "Thanks for the Rifle" and then KEEP IT. You can not replace this set up. The fact that is so accurate and I do not think these are made anymore. Later in life after you've be grateful for your dad's gift. The Leupold scope as well is going to be hard to replace.

If Dad insists on new rifle, go buy it for him. Believe me after handling and shooting rifles my whole life, it is hard to find the "Right One". That is why GUN Safes are so important.