Value of Hungarian Hi Power (FEG)?

Buddy needs to know the value of his Hungarian Hi-Power. I would say it is in very good condition. (not excellent) Has brown wood grips, commander hammer, tiny sights, abbreviated safety and one mag.

Nasty

$250-$325 Just to confuse things even more.

No item is ever worth more than your ability to find a buyer. if you can;t find a buyer, it's worth nothing. If you find a fanatic living on Dad's money, it's priceless.

I have seen them at gun shows in G - VG condition, blued, with wood grips for around $250-$300.

I have an FM (Argentine) Hi-Power myself. Great pistol for the money.

dogngun

The one I bought about 6 years ago was around $200 used.

I wish I had kept it. They are really good quality pistols, were used by several European countries as police and military pistols. The same gun by FEG was stamped with the MAUSER logo and sold as Mausers in Europe.
They take standard BHP mags and many if not all parts.

mark

AustinTX

I would say it is in very good condition. (not excellent) Has brown wood grips, commander hammer, tiny sights, abbreviated safety and one mag.

Saw one fitting exactly that description for $295 in my LGS a couple of weeks ago.

Win

I bought a new old stock FEG P9M Hi Power a couple of weeks ago for $349.00 at a local gun show. It was one of the guns imported by TGI.

farmall

I have one of these that I could not be happier with, after installing a Cylinder & Slide extractor and springs, and Millet adj sights.
I'd hazard a guess that a stock one would fetch $250-300.
Expect to get offered about $75 at a gunshow for it!:D
If I was selling mine, I'd expect it to be worth around $50, just 'cause it's mine! Just the way things work when I have something for sale!

Magyar

Expect to get offered about $75 at a gunshow for it!
Ain't that the truth....:) Dealers will "low-ball" most pistols....Of course, they need to if they expect to re-sell it....I walked into a gun show in Tucson with expectations of receiving around $300 for a P-38 P-1 in excellent shape.
Before I could take it out of the box, a guy pops up from his table seeing my price on the box saying "Hey, there's a guy selling those pistols for $235 over there"...Like, as if he was trying to have a little laugh at my expense. I told him, "Nobody asked you"....