??Value of a Winchester 1917 Enfield???

Dezynco

I have an old 1917 Enfield built by Winchester. The old rifle was "sporterized" years ago and has been drilled and tapped for a scope. The original military stock is long gone, but has a pretty nice walnut Monte Carlo stock. The original barrel in still with it, but all of the original military gear is gone.

I have had this old rifle for 3 years, never bothered to take the scope mounts off of it. I decided the have the rifle cleaned up and reblued so I started taking it apart. Off came the scope mounts and low and behold it's a Winchester! I thought that it was an Eddystone up until now! I know that the Winchesters are more collectible than the Remingtons and Eddystones, but since this one has been stripped, drilled and tapped, I don't know if it has any collector's value. I would really like to know before I do anything to it.

Do any of you guy have any idea of the value? Should I go ahead and rebarrel it, reblue it, and enjoy it?

Dezynco

I was both excited and dissapointed....
I've been using the old girl for three years, shot a few deer and disposed of a lot of varmints. It's a good shooter just like it is, but I wanted to fix 'er up a bit and crown it with a good Nikon or Leupold. I'll for sure keep it a 30-06. Just wasn't sure if I should leave 'er alone or not.

How about that, 91 years old and will still shoot a nice 1/2", 3 shot group at 100 yards!