Value of a Win. Mod 61 .22

dwil453

Hey Folks,
I bought a Winchester Model 61 pump .22 yesterday, serial #109175. The lady I got it from said it had been in their family since the 40's, and she wouldn't let it go for less than $400 - so I coughed it up. It's in very good condition and shoots perfectly and accurately. I can't find an online blue book of values - does anyone know where I can go to look it up, or does anyone have a blue book that can tell me how bad I got burned on the deal? I JUST HAD to add this cool little rifle to my collection of old .22's.
Thanks for any help.
Dave

Jay Baker

Yesterday at the Boise Gun SHow, I saw a round bbl Win. 61 in good condition. It was priced at $350. Right next to it was an absolutely cherry Win. 63 for $850... and the owner wouldn't even begin to dicker on that one. The 63 was the nicest one I've seen in many, many years.

FWIW. J.B.

Art Eatman

Staff in Memoriam
Fjestad sez a 100% 63 is $850. Again, that's retail for a perfect gun.

That guy obviously doesn't want to sell it, unless he just runs across that one sucker. Sometimes you price a really nice gun too high, just to get people to stop and look at it and maybe look/buy something else on the table...

Lots of psychology and games at gunshow tables.

:), Art

dwil453

Win 61

Thanks for the info. I'll enjoy the rifle for a long time. I've liked old .22 rifles ever since my grandpa used to take me squirell hunting in East Texas when I was a kid.