Value of a Webly

bill k

I have a Webly mark IV war finish in 38 short, double action. Serial number is in the 14XXXX range. Any idea of the value?
Bill

Sir William

OK. Interesting piece. If it has the double action/single action with hammer, we have something. Is it marked as a wartime finish? What date is on it? We could be talking $350.00 or a little more. I recently saw a 1939 dated and DA/SA Webley 380-200 go for $600.00 with wood grips. Are you able to post an image?

Sir William

Difficult without a picture but, if it is complete with hammer and DA/SA and a wartime finish without Israeli markings, I say $350.00 generically. They are climbing in value if unmodified as "Tanker" versions.

Lone Star

Yeah, but Webleys all had the selective DA/SA capability. Only Enfields had DA-only models. And WWII era Webleys will almost invariably have plastic grips with the company's logo, if original.

Lone Star

bill k

It has plastic grips with Webly on them. I tried to up load the only photo I have but TFL won't let me. I posted on another thread, show us your collection I think.
Bill

Sir William

I have a 2" Webley DAO conversion. Basically, England was snapping up H&Rs, S&Ws, Webleys, Colts, Enfields and gave a subcontract to Albion Motors. There are many varieties and brands of WWII revolvers. Israel snatched as many as they could post-war. A unmolested Webley is a find. Enfields go for around $150-175.00 usually. Webleys will bring double that amount.