Value? Colt Officer Model Match .22

KyJim

LGS has excellent condition Colt OMM in .22, 98 percent or better, no box. Any estimate as to value? Has the smaller stocks.

dgludwig

I'd love to have one to go with my Colt Officers Special, chambered in .38 Special! But to your question, in my area, a .22LR, Colt Officers Match in the condition you describe, would easily fetch $800.00 or so, and maybe up from there. What is your dealer asking?

Dfariswheel

I'd downgrade the value due to not having the original Colt Target grips these models shipped with.

The original First or Second Type Colt Target grips used on the OMM are selling for OVER $300 and UP.
This is why you see a lot of Colt's that originally shipped with Target grips now fitted with something else.

22-rimfire

Wow. That's a lot for the stocks. I don't think I paid much more than that for the entire gun in the box years ago. :D And it's still unfired....

Added: I suspect the value will be in the $750-$800 area even with the incorrect stocks. Most of the attention with Colt 22 revolvers is focused on the Diamondbacks (DBs) and you can find OMM's that are priced pretty fairly in comparision to the DB and probably shoot better to boot.

Last edited:

KyJim

I appreciate the responses. Listed at $999, though they will typically come down a little. I may pass, especially considering the stocks. Thanks all.

SaxonPig

I paid $375 for this one as you see it. Those early target stocks do bring $300+ these days and that's why I thought this was a great deal. IMO $800 is a little high. I think I have mostly seen them for $500-$600 recently. But you decide. You're doing the shopping.

standard.jpg

Venom1956

I paid $375 for this one as you see it.

When?

800 is fair I think i paid 700ish for mine a year or two ago? I can't remember But it was around that. Its a revolver that is second to none. I bought a K22 to compete with it. The best two .22 revolvers in my book.