Uzi 9mm

safe cracker

hi i have a uzi 9mm with no american import markings. no english writing on it.may be hebrew.? they must have made a lot of em the ser. # 4726xxx thinking about selling it are thay worth more than the imports, gun looks and works great...thanks

LordofWar

I bought my Micro UZI in Pakistan for $6875 USD.

There is one Micro on gunsamerica.com sellng for $8500 USD. I'm sure you'll be able to get a good price for your piece. I dont think it's a good idea selling them unless you're in a cash crunch.

Willie Lowman

...You are in America? This gun is on form 4 or 3 or a dealer sample? It is a machinegun right?

The front sling swivel on the left side of the receiver, how far does it rotate? 90 degrees or 360?

This thread is useless without pics.

LordofWar

No. I'm in Pakistan. It's a full auto SMG.

We also need a special license equivalent to the US NFA Class 3/4 to own an automatic weapon.

The Micros currently with one of my guards. Will take & post pictures shortly.

David Hineline

I don't think you can base value of your UZI SMG off anything related to it's value in this country, which would be maybe a couple hundred dollars US to you and around $500 by the time it got in country here.

Willie Lowman

No, LordofWar, my question was directed at the OP. The post about the Uzi w/o import marks seemed a bit suspicious.

But I was wanting to ask you, why is it handguns cost so much in your country? If I remember correctly, I read a post about how a USP and/or a Glock cost $4,000+ in Pakistan. If you paid $6,000 for an Uzi, that isn't much less than we pay for them in America (we have the Hughes amendment throwing prices out of proportion). What drives the prices of handguns to such a ridiculous level in Pakistan?

LordofWar

There are different variables which effect these prices to include demand & supply.

For a dealer to import firearms he has to pay a considerable amount to be allocated a quota in dollar terms to import firearms. Furthermore, the customs tariff is to the tune of 38% duties & taxes on import value that is assessed (which is the C&F price to include insurance & landing cost) by the Pakistani customs which again is more than 100% of what the invoice value is.

There arnt many exporters of firearms who are willing to export firearms to Pakistan or only a dealer who has an exporter who's willing to export to Pakistan usually imports and such importers are few and they charge a considerable premium.

Secondly it's demand & supply. Firearms (to exclude firearms & ammo of Chinese origin) are not imported in sizeable quantities due to import restrictions and are only available with a few dealers so they charge a premium which adds on further.

Moreover, would you believe an AK-47, one weapon that this region is known for, which was sold in kilos a decade back now sells for in excess of $1200 USD.

The interesting thing that I have noticed is re two items. HK MP5 & its variants and UZI.

These two items are in the $10k-25k price range in the US. On the contrary you can get them for about $7,000 USD in Pakistan. This is wierd. Out of all imported firearms these two sell comparatively cheaper. A Glocks is more expensive than a MP5.

Willie Lowman

Moreover, would you believe an AK-47, one weapon that this region is known for, which was sold in kilos a decade back now sells for in excess of $1200 USD.

Not that big of a stretch. Semi-auto AK47 carbines sold for $300 here a decade ago. Now they cost between $600-$1200

A Glocks is more expensive than a MP5.

I have two .40 caliber Glocks, I will trade both for an MP5. :)

All that aside, how do you like your Uzi? Do you shoot it often, or is it just a weapon for your guard? I find mine to be heavy but the weight makes it very controllable during full-auto fire.

David Hineline

My Interarms import markings are very small and hard to see, on the receiver but get covered up by the top cover overlaps when the top cover is on.