usp's in condition 1

KShaft

is this a vaiable means of actually carrying a usp?
i trust a 1911 in cocked and locked mode. hell it was originaly designed without a manual safety.
what about the usp? is that just an accident waiting to happen?
what does it do when the safety is activated? is it totally safe?
id like a constant trigger pull, and im not a big fan of glocks, and my dream 1911 is the next one i will get(unless i get that valtro, how sweet), meaning its going to be a 2000 to 2500 one so i need something in the meantime...
ive got a border marshal on layaway but theres that damn da/sa thing again.
any thoughts?
k.s.

croyance

I'm fine with it, but here is a thought for you: How many times has your 1911 gone off safe on it's own? Has it accidentally been put off safe? If you answer no, then the H&K should be fine.

KShaft

thanks.

i apreciate it.
im comfortable with it. its not as near as positive as a 1911, but it is better than 2 trigger pulls. no doubt.
if i would use it in this fasion, it would be with a high thumb grip, which might decock it. thats my biggest gripe.
nothing is perfect. if 1911s were more reliable(out of box) then they would be perfect! i really want a usp. my main concern with ALL handguns are thier less than ergonomic designs, and triggers.
who are the geniuses who came up with this da/sa bs?
why doesnt any body make a good 7-6# dao trigger, without have it have it sent to a good gunsmith?
damn all.

DCloudy777

I've carried my USP40 Compact in condition one for three and a half years now, with no problems. The USP operating system is the versatile ever seen on a production handgun, and I believe one of the weapon's finest features. I like the ability to decock when the gun isn't carried, and the gun is still ready to go with th DA pull, which I recommend practice with even for C1 carriers. I shoot IDPA with this gun, and I can shoot either Enhanced or Stock Service pistol with the same gun. Anyway, I've yet to have to safety come off unless I took it off, and my cocked and locked USPc and I survived the obligitory CCW gun-drop a couple years back.... gun hits the concrete, I'm staring down at the muzzle when it hits thinking "well, its been a nice life". :eek:
Anyway, I digress.... the USP is, IMHO, the perfect balance between the 1911 and the Glock. I think if John Browning designed a pistol in 1990, it would probably look an awful lot like the USP. Condition one is clearly approved by the factory, and I give it a "from the field" thumbs-up. However you carry it, enjoy, and keep up The Fight!

DanO

Maatulf

safer...

The USP in V1 is actually safer for a few reasons: 1. you have a decocker. 2. the safety actually turns the firing pin away from the hammer. 3. you can work the action while on safe. 4. It is more reliable- thus safer than any 1911 I know of. 5. If you want, you can carry it hammer down and still be able to pull the trigger and make it go bang. Just a few advantages to the USP series.