USP Compact vs. P2000 SK

Big Calhoun

This weekend, I picked up the P2000 SK in .40 S&W. Awsome gun. The fit is absolutely perfect, recoil is next to nothing (IMO...compared to my Beretta), and the size and form-factor are just unbeatable.

So now, I'm thinking that I want to get rid of my fullsize USP and use that to trade to a USP Compact in a .45. Would like to get impressions from folks that may have or used both in relation to grip.

The primary reason I'm not happy with the fullsize USP is the grip is too wide. It's not uncomfortable, but awkward. So I'm wondering how the USPCs grip is compared to the fullsize and the P2000 SK. I've also notice the new USP CTV-1s but don't seem to see those anywhere.

RevolverLover

Would like to get impressions from folks that may have or used both in relation to grip.

Best advise is to try the grips out yourself. As for me, I don't like the USP grips but I love the P2000's grip.

Big Calhoun

I like the more ergonomic feel of the P2000SK. The frame on a USP just feels like a block of material. I don't mind the shape, but I do hope the grip is smaller on a USPc than on a fullsize.

Greg Bell

I too am very finicky about grip size. Despite wanting a fullsize .45 USP, I only owned one a few days before I realized the grip plain sucked. It is too big for guys with anything but big paws. The USP Compact .45, has an excellent grip. I recommend it highly. My medium/small mitts have no problem with proper grip and finger placement with the compact in DA or SA.

silver-bullet

I love HK handguns, and I presently own four of them. If you feel that the full-size USP grip is too wide, then you'll be pleased to know that the .45 USP-Compact (like the .40 P2000 you bought) is much more manageable. The .45 compact is a slimmer grip, which feels pretty similar to the .40 USP Compact, although it is just a tad longer. It is checkered though, and does NOT feature the interchangeable backstrap of the P2000. Good luck!

BUSTER51

Yup the USPc in .45 has a smaller grip than the full size usp and fit's my hand like a glove and the balance is better too.great pistol in a great caliber. "YO HOMEY,IS THAT MY BRIFCASE" :D

solz56

You shouldn't have a hard time finding a local shop with a USPc in .45 to try the grip and feel. Last time I checkd them out in store, the compact fit my smallish hands just fine while the fullsize felt too big.

stratus

So now, I'm thinking that I want to get rid of my fullsize USP and use that to trade to a USP Compact in a .45. Would like to get impressions from folks that may have or used both in relation to grip.
Yes *arnold voice*

The primary reason I'm not happy with the fullsize USP is the grip is too wide. It's not uncomfortable, but awkward. So I'm wondering how the USPCs grip is compared to the fullsize and the P2000 SK.
The USPc ergonomics are heaven compared to the fullsize. While the ergos are not in the utterly giddy, feels-too-good-to-be-a-weapon realm of the P2000, they don't offer the P2k as a .45. The capacity of the Compact is not as good as the fullsize, obviously - thank god for that, .45 is a fat round and I never met a hi-cap .45 that made my hand happy. I have owned the USPc in .45, though, and I have to tell you it's a wonderful shooter. It has the .45 thwack, but not nearly as much flip as you'd expect in a polymer-framed pistol. You shouldn't have a problem with accuracy or controllability, that's for sure.

For handling, the USP compact gets my vote over the USP fullsize. Oh god I want my old one back...

And as with all USP models, FASIYC (Find A Stainless If You Can).