USP 9 Service Life.

Daniel

Could some person of great knowledge and wisdom tell me the service life of one of these, or in simple terms; how many times can I shoot it before it needs to be replaced? It would be used for IDPA and range use. It would make a good brother to my CZ-100 .40. ;)

Tom B

The USP 9 is basicly the same design and barrel configuration as the Glock and probably even more heavy duty. I would say lifespan would be at least 100000+ rounds using it in competition where rapid fire will cause some heat build up.

Mikie

H&K advertise their USPs good for better than 20K rounds. I have over 5K through my USP40C, over 3K through my USP45 and only 500 rounds through my USP9. The 9 is an older '94 vintage that was LNIB and has a conventionally rifled barrel, not the polygonal barrel like all newer models. The polygonal barrels are supposed to have a longer life and require jacketed bullets. Nonetheless, my older USP9 I would expect to go better than 20K rounds like the other USPs. The fullsize USPs(like my 45 and 9) have a recoil reduction system(2nd spring) that greatly reduces the wear and tear on the gun along with reducing the felt recoil.

------------------

BrokenArrow

The Mk23 Model O 45 ACP the USN uses has a service life of 30K rounds for the barrel w +P ammo, an additional 30K on the slide/frame.

The USN pegs the M9 at 5K, the M1911A1 at 15K BTW.

All three will go much farther.

For example, the Beretta locking blocks are avgng over 15K, the frames 35K, slides over 70K.

------------------
>>>>---->