USP .45 vs. FNP .45

IM_Lugger

I have a stainless USP in .45 and was thinking of getting a a FNP .45. But I'd have to sell the HK to get it. USP is a little big for my hand ,but I can shoot it really well. Is FN as accurate?

Is it worth it?? :confused: I haven't handled one yet but I bet it will be more ergonomic anyone owns/tried both? which one do you prefer?

Coltman 77

Sorry, I don't have any experience with the FN pistol although they seem very impressive.

Have you considered an HK 45C ?

Smaller than the USP, the HK 45C uses an ergonomic grip profile similar to the P30, with interchangeable backstraps.

It might be worth looking at while you're shopping IM_Lugger. :)

Good luck, let us know what you decide.

BarryLee

To me the FNP is fine, but it is a larger handgun. If your present gun is too large I wonder if the FNP will be any different? Find one and see what feels good to you often it is not size, but other factors that influence a comfortable grip.

MLeake

Haven't shot either, but have looked at both.

If the USP .45 grip is too big for you, odds are that the FNP-45 grip will also be too big. Both are nice feeling guns, but both have big grips (double-stack .45 pistols can't really have small grips).

You might want to consider a single-stack .45, or else look at a hi-cap .40 (I have the FNX-40, and it is very nice; it comes with 2 different sizes of backstrap, too, so it can fit a wide range of hands).

JohnO

I have a USP 45 and have handled the FN. Your not really buying yourself anything. The FN-45 is also a large gun. If you want smaller in a non 1911 grip try an M&P, Sig 220 or XD/XDM.