USFA Single Action grips

erikrichard

I'm going to order a Single Action from USFA and am trying to decide which grips to go with. I can't find any pics of their walnut, ivory (any version) or stag grips anywhere - anyone have any pics they can share?

credx2

Unfinished walnut

I just received my SAA. I ordered mine with the unfinished walnut grips as I have something special in mind for them. I thought they would arrive mounted but the black rubber grips were mounted on the piece. The walnut grips were unmouned. They are oversized which is nice as you can remove as much wood as you need to truly customize them

rep1954

Credx2 wrote:
I just received my SAA. I ordered mine with the unfinished walnut grips as I have something special in mind for them. I thought they would arrive mounted but the black rubber grips were mounted on the piece. The walnut grips were unmouned. They are oversized which is nice as you can remove as much wood as you need to truly customize them

Thats a great way for anybody to go and I wish I had done that when I ordered mine. If one takes thier time and moves carefully it's not beyond the average persons ability to finish these. My favorite factory grip is Colts hard rubber Eagle grip which I put on my USFA SAA 44 SPL 7 1/2" barrel. I had to add new holes for the frame pin but theres room to do it without plugging the grips old holes. Sure did raise some eyebrows on the USFA forum but I like to shoot my guns and not look at them. I also took the factory walnut grips off my Colt New Frontier and exchanged them with the Colt hard rubber grips.