Users of the Springfield V-16 super 45 loaded

shooter22

I have an opprotunity to purchase this super 45 at a great price. I am looking for people that have used this actual firearm. I have read all the posts abouot the 45 super cart. and am leaning toward getting the 45 super. This weapon is designed for the 45 super and is capable of shooting the 45 acp also. Any thoughts would be of help.

AR-10

I've got one and have been very happy with it. I have only shot .45ACP through it so far.

The only thing I don't care for regarding the gun itself is the sights. I wish the rear sight had a white "U" outline around the cut-out. I painted the front sight blade,and that helped. The disassembly procedure is a little more difficult than a regular full size 1911,because it has a reverse recoil spring plug. When you remove or re-install the slide stop lever, you have to do it under spring tension. It takes a little three handed fumbling.

If you don't reload (I don't) the biggest problem is ammo. Only Texas Ammunition Co. sells .45 Super.I won't give them my money. They forced Triton or any other manufacturer to cease production of this cartridge unless they pay Texas Ammo a percentage for each round produced. I don't like that. Triton is releasing a new cartridge, .45 SMC, I think?? I'll be trying it out this year. I understand it is designed for this type of gun.

When the gun was new, I had to put a lighter spring in it,because it would not cycle with .45 ACP. The gun comes from the factory with an 18.5 pound spring. I put a 16 pound spring in and ran 200 rounds through the gun. Then the 18.5 pound spring worked fine.

Just some thoughts. Hope it helps.