USED S&W 10-6 I got an other one

epr105

When I saw the post looking for a budget wheelgun and the mention of the model 10. I was thinking about the last one I sold and how much I missed it......SO I bought a used one again today. I say again yes again I have had several model 10 MP in my collection. I have sold them when I wanted to get the latest and greatest. To my regret. So for 100 bucks I got a 10-6 that has 85% of its finnish a little from holster wear on the barrel. It has a target trigger and an action that is like glass and pach target grips. Good clean bore after I put a few patches through it.
I am going to shoot it tomorrow.
I love getting a good deal on a used revolver.
EPR105

Johnny Guest

Moderator in Memoriam
Fantastic deal!

Congratulations on an excellent purchase. From some recent threads, it sounds as if that same revolver would bring twice that much in a lot of localities.

Hope it shoots very well for you. If for any reason you're disappointed, I know several guys that would be happy to give you a modest profit on your investment . . . :rolleyes:

Best,
Johnny

tomgow29

That is a great price. If you get tired of it I will give you %150 of what you paid for it and go home very happy. Prices on beater 10's are pushing $250.00 when you can find them in the south Puget Sound.

Little Silas

Those old probable police trade-ins are great guns.
I hope I live long enough to see how the plastics fair for collectors and shooters years from now.
Even now, every time I see a used plastic for sale a red flag comes up.

epr105

Well I love a good deal and in this area the PD is going to semi autos of one type or another. Only the older guys are still carrying revolvers. As they go I try to see when I can get a good one. Some are in poor cosmetic condition from not being taken care of properly. The bores are ok as there is only about 100 rounds at most for a regular officer a year. (min requirement)
The one I got shoots great I was able to get to the range around noon today and ran two boxes of Rem 110 sjhp through it. I have it detail striped right now and am letting some of the internal parts soak.I think that I will look for one more model 10. Just to see if I can get one that has a better cosmetic surface. I do love the older smith & wesson revolvers.
There is nothing like blue steel.
EPR105