Used Ruger SS 1911, what's a fair price?

Jayhawkhuntclub

$700 + tax around here.
For a used sr1911?!?!?
You can buy them NIB for under $700 on gunbroker.

OP: I don't think the extra grips add any value to the deal; unless it's something that you would buy otherwise. That price out the door is probably decent or a LGS.

jimjc

The Ruger 1911 ss generally sells for about $700 new, give or take a few bucks. I traded a unshot commander in recently and got $550 for it. which was worth $605 to me since I received a credit on the taxes I didn't have to pay on the new gun.

Would expect a gun with low round count and cosmetically good to be very close to your OTD price. It's a good gun for the price I just decided I wanted a full size 1911.

T. O'Heir

Condition is everything. Extra grips really isn't a selling feature. Extra mags would be though. Barrel length matters as well.

Southrnshooter

Yep is it the regular 1911, or the commander? The latter usually brings a little more. I bought my full size new for $645 OTD not long after they came out.

smee78

Sounds like a fair deal, If I were looking for one I would pull the trigger on it as long as the condition was fairly good, does the box and documents come with it? Also what caliber is it? I'm assuming its a 45 due to you not mentioning it?

Z400ACDC

I was talking to a friend of mine about that pistol and he said he knew the guy that traded it in. He said the guy had done some kitchen table trigger work on it and messed it up. I passed!

Seven High

If I was interested in that SR 1911, I would ask to test fire it before I bought it. If a problem develops, ask the LGS to send it to Ruger for repairs before purchase.