Used handguns at Cabela's

cnemeth

Does anyone know where Cabela's get their used handguns from? The store I recently visited had a large numbers of used service type handguns, and i was wondering if they were police trade ins.

Thanks
Chris

cnemeth

The gun counter was pretty busy at that time, and when I'm not actully buying i don't like bothering the sales people.

If I had more time i might have asked.

Chris

USP45usp

You really need to ask Cabela's. They may have been LEO trade-ins, they could have been imported, they could have been collecting dust in the back from in-store trade-ins and when they got enough decided to sell. It's really hard for any of us to say, only the folks at Cabela's can give you your answer :).

Wayne

steveno

Cabela's get their used guns (all types) from trade ins and buying collections. I don't think that have got any from police trade ins that I know of. I worked in a Cabela's gun department in Nebraska for a couple of years

stardate

The local Cabela's had 12 or so service guns in Ruger 357, they said they came from the Canadian mounted police. They were all GP 100's I think.

Devon

I went to Cabela's last month, saw a rusted single shot .22, Stevens I think, on the rack with a price tag of $199. In the case was a blue Ruger GP100 with a price tag of $429 IIRC. I had to leave, the more I looked, the more disgusted I became. I dont know who set their prices, but they need a reality check.

steveno

on trades with Cabela's they are going to give about 60% to 70% of what the Blue Book gives for the condition of your gun on trade or if they buy it from you outright. it is up to you whether or not to accept the deal as usual

Glock19Fan

Cabelas has good prices on a lot of stuff, especially ammo, but I was pretty disappointed when I saw the prices they were wanting on their guns. It was like most gun stores, only 10X larger. Most are "sucker prices", prices that only inexperienced shooters would pay. There are a few good deals there, just not the guns I wanted. I didnt bother trying to bargain with them though, so I dont know whether or not they would.

BTW I see ads in the local newspaper when I get them for Cabelas.

drinks

Cabella's

Remindes me of the local slag shop, blue book clunkers at 4x the blue book price and recent Wins ,Marlins and such which are $280 new here, in NRA vg or less for $275, NEF shotguns, which are $89 new here at $125 in vg of less.
Makes you wonder who buys such.
Don :rolleyes: