Used Glock model 20 for $399

458winshooter

I was in a local gun store earlier this week and they had a used model 20 in good shape for $399 "on sale".When I inquired about it I was told it was a park ranger trade in.Just one clip by the way and no they would not come down off that price.So what do you think yea or nea?

Wildalaska

$399 is fair retail for a used Glock 20 if in good shape. I can pull $459 for them easy in the shop or on GB.

WildnowbywaitingandpostingsomeoneelsemayhavegrabbeditAlaska TM

Daryl

I sold one two years ago for $450 without any trouble at all. If you're looking for a G20, that's about as good a deal as you're likely to find.

Daryl

ThomasH

I'll go take a look for you!

Dear sir,

Where is that gun shop? I would be glad to go take a look at it for you! :rolleyes:

You know, that way I could give you a better opinion! :D

- Thomas

jeffreybehr

"Just one clip..."

Semiauto pistols are fed by magazines. Clips are those metal strips that rifle cartridges are slid onto so that the cartridges may feed into rifle magazines.

:)

RGR3/75

i hate to be that guy but you can find one way cheaper. you could easily find a used glock with tritium sights and 3 mags for that price. brand new they cost 450 with 2 mags so i don't see how $50 price drop is a good deal.

bamaranger

call it $400

G20's are popping up in the shops around here for $450 and up at a surprising rate. Most are in the $475-495 range it seems.

Hi cap mags are still available, you don't say if the sole mag avail is hi-cap or not. I'd try the "no tax" line on the guy and see what he does, but $400 and tax seems fair irregardless.

I paid $500 for mine w/ 4 hicaps when same were controlled. Sold a mag for $40 bucks later. Total cost $460.

Jimmy10mm

I bought a minty Glock 20 for somewhere around that figure years ago with two pre-ban hi-caps when the the ban was still on. I was thinking of selling it recently to defray the cost of a Sig P238 so I brought it down to a couple of local shops to ask about consignment or trade in.

The first shop didn't want it either way saying that there was zero demand for the caliber and the ammo was scarce. The second shop told me that it was a $350 dollar gun and they get 25% on a consignment basis. I asked about trade in and was offered $175.00. My model 20 is still in really nice condition BTW. Probably not much more than a few hundred rounds through it.

So since those offers were unacceptable to me and I hadn't shot it in years I decided to get reacquainted and I bought a couple of boxes of 50 (ammo wasn't scarce after all) and took it to the range. After running the first couple of magazines through it I decided that I don't want to sell it . :)

BTW, I don't fault these brick and mortar establishments for offering me low $ on my Glock. They have rent, yellow pages, electric, staff and most of all inventory to pay for. They might have to sit on that gun for an extended period of time so considering the overhead there policies are understandable. Matter of fact I'm glad that he didn't give me a decent offer, I might have accepted it.

Mal H

Staff
If you're in the market for a G20, and a good close examination is favorable, then you would be very hard pressed to find a better deal than that.