Used Colt Special Combat Govt

Brian Pfleuger

Moderator Emeritus
If you had to throw a number out there.... how much? 45acp, probably 85% condition. Does not appear to directly match the options on the website. It is all blued. I didn't get a great look, I figured the wizards on TFL could give me a number so I could figure out if I need a closer look.;):)

NAVET74

Second Look

Pull back the slide and look down the barrel with a piece of white paper at the ejector port, checking for pitting and rust also check the twists to see if they only fired hard ball ammo. Make sure that the gun has been well lubricated and maintained, if it looks good to you know more then $500.00 that is taxes and back ground check included. Good luck

RickB

There have been a number of SCG models. Most that I've seen have been blued slide over plated frame, with Bomar adjustable sight, but there was also a version that's all blue with fixed night sights (and a just-released version of the latter theme that has Novak adjustables).

tac_driver

mine is blued slide steel frame paid 700.00 came with a few extras though. Shoots better than I ever could. suggest you research for about a month checking the gun and knife shows and auctions.
sights are white outline rear, all black post.

Last edited:

Brian Pfleuger

Moderator Emeritus
Hm, thanks for the info guys. The guy has $850 on it which I was pretty sure was too high but I didn't know by how much. I never really planned on buying, unless somebody said "Hell, I'll give you $1000 for it, sight unseen." It is kind of a nice looking gun, all black with gold "Colt" symbols on the grips. I'm saving for a DW CBOB 10mm.:)