Used 686, ROBAR?

Hook_N_Bullet

Howdy all, I just picked up an older used 686, I couldn't pass it up for the price and the action is even smoother than my vintage 586.

Here's my dilemma; the surfaces have a few scratches and scuffs, nothing major, it just looks like the gun was used a lot.

Is there anything I can do to buff out the scratches? Shine it up a little? I was thinking of either trying that or making my first foray into the ROBAR finish, sending it out to have that done.

Suggestions welcome!!

MR.G

Flitz will make stainless shine, and will remove light scratches. I also recently picked up an older 686 that needed a lot of attention. Used Flitz and a lot of elbow grease. Now it looks better than new. Also put in a Wilson Combat Custom Tune spring kit with reduced tension springs. Real smooth action now. Good luck with yours.

ViLLain

Do as above or use a polishing wheel. Just tons of method and product out there, but the idea is to remove the scratches and get a mirror finish on the gun. Then use a "soft" brass brush and rub the parts in a circular motion. How dull you get the finish is going to depend on how long you rub, so stop when you are satisfied with the finish.