USAS-12 Sold for....

Skans

At a Rock Island Auction, a semi-auto USAS-12 was recently listed with an estimate between $2,500 and $4,000. These are NFA courtesy of Bill Clinton and were required to be registered in the 1990's. Apparently there was a deadline to register these on a Form 1 (I don't understand the deadline - seems to me they can be registered at any time, since they are not machineguns, but this was a special rule/law)

I have been inquiring about how many of these actually got registered before supposed deadline. Apparently, not that many - It sold for $7,475. :eek:

Update - I checked this out further and according to BATFE Rulling 2001-1, ATF approximately 8,200 of these weapons were registered. The Registration period closed on May 1, 2001 and no further registrations will be accepted after that date.

Last edited:

peggysue

Rock Island Auction is just across the river from me. They take a big cut of the sale.

Last edited:

Skans

Rock Island can afford to take a big cut of their sale. From what I can tell, their auctions generally fetch higher prices. I went to one, in person, once; bid on lots of things, but I was way low. I did end up winning an STI 2011 custom .45 at a fairly decent price.

I'm leaving instructions to my family that in case I die, I want whatever they don't want to keep sold off at RIA. Much better than getting ripped off by the local gun sharks.