US Military 9mm rounds?

Padawan

With some recent threads about 9mm ammunition, I began thinking a few days ago about military ammo. More specifically, with several 9mm US military-issue weapons in service (M9, P226, etc.), I'm curious about the ammunition used in these weapons. I assume that it varies depending upon the mission and environment in which the weapon is being utilized, but it would be interesting to learn what ammo a force such as the SEALs selects and issues, and thus what criteria it places emphasis on when making this selection. Does anyone here have some information to contribute regarding this?

IZinterrogator

If you want to give it a shot, buy Winchester 9mm NATO 124 grain FMJ, not 9mm Luger.

Edit: BTW, it kicks like a mule compared to regular 9mm Luger.

Cawdor

Try Natchez.

592.jpg

Crosshair

Dumb question, If I have a gun rated for +P+ 9mm, could I just use the max load data for plain 9mm as a starting point. I have load data for +P and +P+ already, I'm just curious. because I don't have +P+ data for as many powders.

cje1980

The 124gr. NAtO 9mm ammunition typically does about 1190-1200fps from service size pistols. It has some pretty good power and definitely has some kick to it. When I used to use +p 124gr. loads for SD I purchased bulk NATO ammo online to practice with as it shot to the same POA as my SD loads. Too much use of it will increase the wear of the gun.