Updates and Errata available for Hornady Handbook, 8th Edition

FrankenMauser

The new Hornady manual has updates and errata available on the Hornady website, as a .pdf document.

Get it here: 8th Edition Errata

Cartridges affected:
.223 Rem *
.257 Roberts *
.270 Win *
.300 Savage
.30 Rem AR
.30 TC
.300 RCM
8x68 S Magnum *
.338 RCM
.357 Magnum
.416 Rem Magnum
.444 Marlin *
.470 Nitro Express *
.41 Rem Mag *

(*) indicates a safety issue with the current data regarding velocities, powders, powder charges, or the wrong data.
Other listings are for COAL, case lengths, load information (case type, primer type, etc), or FTX trim lengths.

FrankenMauser

It's very unlikely that you'll see that as an update for the Hornady 8th.

And....
Hodgdon already has .204 Ruger data with 8208 available for:
26 GR. BAR VG FB
32 GR. HDY V-MAX
35 GR. BER HP
40 GR. HDY V-MAX
50 GR. BER HPBT

Isn't that odd. Seems like they actually care. ;) Good object lesson, too. If they can make mistakes, so can others. Don't ever take the word of just one published source of load data.

Technosavant

When I got into reloading a few years ago I bought their 7th edition manual, and it had a list of errata included and even a sticker to lay over an incorrect data table.

Peter M. Eick

I was thinking the same thing as Mike. That has to be the longest list of errrors I can remember.

Wonder how so many slipped passed the QC process?

FrankenMauser

I was thinking the same thing as Mike. That has to be the longest list of errrors I can remember.

Wonder how so many slipped passed the QC process?
If you compare it to the 7th Edition errata, the list is about the same length. It's just that the 7th Edition's errata was presented in a different format.