Update on the Tucker Gunleather Holster

jar

Well, I've been using the Tucker Gunleather Texas Heritage Holster for about a week now and I have to admit that I really like this holster. In particular, the two, widely separated belt clips help hold the pistol right against my body for better concealment. Also, because they are placed before and after the gun, they make a single large bulge which is far less noticeable that a smaller bulge.

standard.jpg

I have played with several adjustments. Each of the belt clips has two positions. I even tried it with the trailing one in the higher of the two holes that gives the pistol an extreme cant. Presentation is quick and easy. The advantage to the medium cant (both clips in the bottom hole) is that there is more tucking space but even when using the upper holes there is over 2" of tucking room.

I was initially concerned that the rough side out backside would be uncomfortable. That has NOT been the case. Frankly, after the first few minutes I simply don't notice that it is there and I've worn the rig in several public settings, grocery stores, restaurants, and malls with no signs that anyone even noticed it. I did have one of the students at FLETC ask if I was carrying but then that is not what I'd call an everyday occasion.

standard.jpg

If you're thinking about a new IWB holster, you should take a good look at these. I'm thinking about seeing if they can make me one for my HPs.

Kentucky Rifle

jar...

I've been loosing weight due to my upcoming hip replacement surgery. I can now begin to consider IWB carry and, from your excellent pictures, this holster is about the best I've seen. But, please tell me what those clips are made of? How does something like that keep from rusting when you sweat on it?

Thanks,
KR

tonerguy

Clips and hardware won't rust.

The two clips are made of Kydex and the hex screws, finish washers and t-nuts (hidden between layers of leather) are all shielded by the inside layer of leather.

It's the same hardware used on many fully Kydex holsters. If you find a way to rust them, we'd like to know about it. At the moment, we don't think we have a problem unless you go wading. :)

Rob Longenecker
Tucker Gunleather
tonerguy

Kentucky Rifle

Rob..

Wow, fast reply!
I'll have to second Nascarnhlnra's comment on the "replies thing". Thank you for the info. I'll go and look at the site link that jar posted.

Wow again!
KR

jar

Just to add to the update, this is by far the best IWB revolver holster I've ever found and I've bought at least one of just about everything out there. I am really, really impressed by this holster.

Thanks Rob & Tucker.