update on S&W 66-2

Noreaster

Update on my 4inch 66-2 I bought a couple of months ago. I've shot over 500 rds of 38spl/357mag through it. Very accurate and a joy to shoot. I was worried about full boat 357 magnums and I've tried to keep the bullet weight at 158 grains. No worries so far and this is a gun that has seen allot of 357 magnum use prior to me. The trigger pull and accuracy is amazing. I used it in a timed qual shoot and I was able to make head shots on a Q target at 15 yards, double action, easily. I'm very happy with this revolver.

18DAI

Congrats on your 66-2!! :)

Finest revolver to come out of S&W, IMO of course.

A good looking elegant revolver with a great trigger right out of the box. S&W has since forgotten how to make both.

I bet my life on a 66-2 for sixteen years. I can't praise a handgun more than that. Enjoy that fine 66-2! Regards 18DAI

Nanuk

Smith revolvers are a joy to shoot. I have heard people make negative comments that the lock work is complicated. All of mine run like Swiss watches.

roaddog28

Congrats on the purchase of your 66-2. I have a 66-4 and love it. Maybe my most accurate revolver and the double action trigger is one of the best. Your revolver will mostly like out last you. Use common sense on 357 magnums and you will own one of the best.
Good luck,
Howard