Unnerving experience with Charles Daly...

Lucky 7

So in my quest to find a guide rod for my Jericho 941, I called Charles Daly's parts/service dept. I told the gentleman that I was needing a replacement guide rod. "Well, send it in and we'll work on it," he tells me.
"Um, no can do. I carry it. When are you going to get the rods in?"
"Can't tell you for sure."
"Yet you want me to send my carry piece in? For an unknown time?"
For a moment, silence. "Well I'm sure we'll get the guide rods in the next few months."
I hung up the phone, completely baffled. One, that sending my gun in for an undisclosed amount of time. Two, where the heck am I going to get a guide rod?

Now, this isn't a bash on Daly, just sharing my experience w/ the company.

Regards,
Lucky

csmsss

Not telling you what to do, but...it might not be a bad time to reconsider your choice of carry piece if obtaining replacement parts is such a challenge.

azredhawk44

Post a pic or length measurement of your guide rod.

I'll compare it against the guide rod in my CZ-75. If it appears to match, you can order a CZ-75 guide rod and try that out.

The baby eagle is supposed to be incredibly similar in design to the CZ.

azredhawk44

Also the user id "Charles Daly" over at TheHighRoad.org is used by Michael Kassnar, the president of Charles Daly. He might be able to help.

ETA: Never mind, you already knew that. :)

Lucky 7

Redhawk: The Jerri does indeed have a hole up front. Thank you for the knowlegde sir.

As far as a carry piece I have PLENTY of options. I shoot my Jerri mighty fine though and it's not like the bastard is going to keel over any time soon.

Regards,
L7

Charles Daly

Since the OP posted this over on THR, I will post my response here for others to see:

I am not particularly thrilled with the way our CS Department handled this.

First you should have been told that the part was not in stock. Failing that, at the least you should have been told that we would have to order the part for you if we didn't have it and how long it would take to get it. We should have offered to call you back with that information.

I will address this with CS and trust someone with a similar situation as this will have a much better outcome in the future.

My apologies.