Unknown shotgun barrels

Geezerbiker

These aren't completely unknown, I did a little research on them last night but I want a second opinion. They came from a friend's estate so I can't ask any questions about them...

Anyway they looks like they fit a Mossberg 500 from looking at similar barrels on Midway. Both are marked 12gage 2 & 3/4 or 3" shells and made in USA. One is marked 30" full choke and the other 28" modified choke. You'd think they'd have a brand name or something like that on them but, no...

Tony

Attachments

• SG_barrels.jpg
    SG_barrels.jpg
    125.1 KB · Views: 75

Geezerbiker

When I got them I was hoping they were 870 Remington barrels... Now I have to decide to either by a Mossberg 500 or sell or trade them off.

Selling gun stuff isn't so satisfying these days since turning cash back into gun stuff isn't so easy...

Tony

natman

I don't know if they were made BY Mossberg, but they sure look like they were made FOR a Mossberg / Maverick or a clone. The big bolt on the lug is a solid clue.

Blindstitch

They look like older mossberg 500 barrels to me before threaded chokes. Both vent rib field barrels. I'd sell them on ebay or some other source after verifying they lock into a 500. I couldn't see buying a 500 just to get a gun for them because it would come with another field barrel most likely.

Geezerbiker

Thanks guys... I'll hold on to them for now. There's no point in turning them back into gun money since most of what I'd buy is out of stock or over priced right now.

Tony