Universal powder for 357 sig and 9mm

Hammerhead

Works very well in 9mm, my target load was Universal under a 125 HAP. Meters well and burns clean. Never loaded 357 sig.

BWM

Win 231 is a very good all round powder. I use it in 25acp and up two 44 Sp and some lite loads in 44 Mag I have used it for years and it has done a good job for me.

disseminator

Hodgdon LONGSHOT would be a decent powder for both of those calibers. You can do better if you get a dedicated powder for each though. I like vvN340 and vvN350 in the 9mm and vvN105 for the 357 SIG.

ligonierbill

Power Pistol is my go to for 9x19. It was the best I tested for 147 XTPs in 357 Sig, and it does OK for 125s. AA#9 is my 357 Sig powder, however.

mikld

I have a load of Universal under a 124-125 gr JHP that I use for my "just in case" ammo supply. I have mebbe 100 loaded with RMR JHP and about 100 loaded with Nosler JHP. Both work well in my 3, 9mms...

Bottom Gun

In my experience, Bullseye works well for both 9MM and .357 Sig. I’ve had my best luck using Bullseye and Win 231 for 9MM and AA#9 for the .357 Sig.
When loading longer bullets like the Lehigh Defense 125 gr copper bullets in .357 Sig however, I had to use faster powders in order to seat the longer bullets properly. I like Bullseye and Power Pistol for this application but Power Pistol produces quite a bit of flash in the .357 Sig round.
I tried Power Pistol in my 9MM loads but had better accuracy using Win 231 or Bullseye.
If I were to pick one powder for both cartridges, it would be Bullseye.

T. O'Heir

Universal is a powder you can use for both. So is Bullseye, but you'll need a manual for SIG data. None on Alliant's site.
Universal Max velocities with a 125 grain jacketed bullet are 117 faster in the SIG.

BigJimP

Yes, Hodgdon Universal is a good powder for both .357 Sig and 9mm. Hodgdon reloading site online has your data.

Sky Master

I've used Universal in 9mm using both 115gr and 124gr.
357 Sig according to Sierra's manual is a difficult cartridge to reload. I know of 1 person who attempted it and quit.