Unis Ginex primers

Marco Califo

Unis Ginex primers from Bosnia Hertzogevina
Just picked up 1000 large pistol for 45 ACP. They are inexpensive @ $30 retail.
Wondering if anyone has used them (any size). They come in a white box. The clerk told me they came from Tula, Russia, until I pointed out the box says Bosnia H.

Old 454

I have used them in small pistol... I used to buy them for 110.00 per 5k

I had no problems what so ever.. all went bang

44 AMP

Staff
Sorry no personal experience with them. but I would point out that the primers could well come from Tula, in Russia, and simply be reboxed in Bosnia.

Can't say for sure but its absolutely possible.

Marco Califo

I do expect they will work fine.
I do use Tula 5.56m primers and like them a lot. I have 4500+ remaining.
Bosnia does have arms factories.
I will compare the tray packaging of both when I have time.
FWIW, Bosnia has a minority Serb population that triggered WW I. Serbia more recently tried genocide on ethnic Albanian Kosovo, and other muslim groups of former Yugoslavia. Someone is always killing someone in them parts. Hence a need for primers.

tangolima

Unis Ginex primers from Bosnia Hertzogevina

Just picked up 1000 large pistol for 45 ACP. They are inexpensive @ $30 retail.

Wondering if anyone has used them (any size). They come in a white box. The clerk told me they came from Tula, Russia, until I pointed out the box says Bosnia H.
$30 per 1k is not really inexpensive. It is similar level to other American brands. $20 to $25 per 1k is about right.

-TL

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

Marco Califo

I do a once every several years order from Powder Valley or Midsouth and am generally stocked up. I was off cycle because I bought a G30, and needed LPP to start loading 45 ACP for the new pistol. LGS are not how I ever want to purchase reloading supplies.

Marco Califo

Yes. It was mail order Ammo that is no longer California legal, and has to go through an ffl. I have had to sign for my last powder order.

Last edited:

Old 454

If you are near Tulsa.... they have a huge gun show there twice a year. I go there and stock up on primers and powder you can find some good deals there