Unique and Lee Perfect Powder Measure

dwhite

Due to the weather today I had some free time at home and decided to see what this measure would do with this powder. I haven't used Unique in a LONG time but thought I'd give it a try with the cast bullets I run in 38/357 and .40. I almost didn't pick it up due to what I'd heard about how inconsistent it is supposed to be metering.

I set the measure to drop 5 grains of powder. I then proceeded to drop 10 charges at this setting and returned that powder to the hopper.

I then dropped an additional 10 charges and weighed the results, I got 49.6 grains. Pretty good.

I adjusted the measure, dropped another 10 charges and got 50.2 grains. I'm pretty pleased.

I then dropped and weighed 10 more charges individually. Nothing varied more than +/- 0.1 grain. Most weren't even that far off. I'm ecstatic.

This cheap little measure keeps surprising me. It's a great value for what it cost. As bulky and flaky as Unique is I didn't expect any better that +/- 0.2 grains.

All the Best,
D. White

That'll Do

Using my RCBS Uniflow and Hornady LNL Powder Measure, I rarely get more than a 0.1gr variation in charge weight with Unique.

To those who have had trouble with Unique, what kind of powder measure are you using?

jmortimer

I only use Unique and powder dippers. I have a Perfect Powder Measure and it will work good if you use the right technique with the lever.