Uniflow baffle not fitting?

nhyrum

I bought a used rcbs powder measure, which I can only assume is the uniflow after looking at pictures.

So I got a baffle for it, wanting to help even out loads, and I can't get the danged thing to stay "upright"

After a while of fanageling I got it in this way

dcebf19a589b3b7ff24d5b7df249c0ed.jpg

But it's very unstable, and wobbles and tips very easy. Is this a uniflow?
053862953e129fe1a63ffbd76d7d4404.jpg

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Reloadron

Yes, that is a Uniflow and yes, the baffle as installed is correct. With the powder measure vertical the bend in the center of the baffle points upwards. There should be two locking bolts on the holder, one above and one below the holder. It should be stable.

Also, as a side note you may want to reduce the image size. Saying it is large would be an understatement. :(

Ron

Last edited:

MosinM39

From the pic can't quite see the measure to verify measure type, or how the baffle fits.

My Uniflow is 2-1/4 in. in diameter. The bottom of the RCBS baffle rests right at the seam where the green plastic meets the metal cone. The bend faces up as stated. After installed, it did make a notable difference in consistency of powder charges.

nhyrum

From the pic can't quite see the measure to verify measure type, or how the baffle fits.

My Uniflow is 2-1/4 in. in diameter. The bottom of the RCBS baffle rests right at the seam where the green plastic meets the metal cone. The bend faces up as stated. After installed, it did make a notable difference in consistency of powder charges.
Is that 2-1/4 at the top opening, or where the plastic meets the metal

MosinM39

The cats out of the bag, but the 2-1/4 diameter is the plastic cylinder. Top of the metal cone where it meets plastic would be same, then tapering down from there. Where plastic meets metal is where baffle sits.

RCBS has great customer service, they should work with you on getting the right baffle. Currently you have a mismatch.

FrankenMauser

As mentioned, that's a Uniflow, but not the standard version.
The standard baffle is for a straight-cylinder hopper.

You need to either change hoppers, or change baffles.

nhyrum

Well I'll be. Had my first run in with rcds customer service, and wow. Just wow! Superb! *wish Lee was like that... But they're go broke with all their garbage* took less than 5 minutes. Just told the guy I accidentally bought the wrong baffle and "OK, what's your address" !!serious! Well, I bet you all know how stand up rcbs customer service is, and I've heard only good. Was good to get it fixed, even if it was my fault

MosinM39

At risk of stating the obvious, they didn't get where they are by being difficult to work with :)

I would like to check out the do it yourself baffle by Unclenick, but for some reason by Adobe software keeps self corrupting even after I repair it, big PITA!

Below is another copy made into PDF on other software. Probably won't make a difference. You may want to download and reinstall Acrobat Reader.

Attachments

• Powder Baffle Instructions Redux.pdf
    151.4 KB · Views: 1,059

MosinM39

"Below is another copy made into PDF on other software. Probably won't make a difference. You may want to download and reinstall Acrobat Reader."

Thanks Unclenick, I have tried repair and also uninstall and reinstall Adobe Reader, the right version for my operating system, and nothing works. So I found and loaded a software called "Soda PDF" that allows me to read all PDF files. I guess something in the system must be stopping Adobe Reader, but if Soda works, I'll just stay with that for now.

May want to run a registry repair program. You can get JV16 Power Tools with a couple of weeks full functionality before you have to buy.