Underwood 10MM 135gr — Speeds, Feeds and Ballistics All Revolver Demonstration

Mr.RevolverGuy

Testing this Underwood 10MM ammunition really showed the difference velocity has on energy WOW:eek: Shooting this out of a 3inch and 4inch barrel I initially thought eh ok. But then I shot it out of a 6inch barrel and wow did it come alive.

With the penetration I saw today in the gel, considering most carrying a 10MM for protection I would say is carrying a short barrel semi auto. Do you still think this is a good anti personnel round?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ti94A-knzCU&t=3s

Buckeye!

Thanks for posting.. I do like the 10mm round... I own a 29 & 20 .. Im also a Underwood fan .. For carry ammo I picked Underwood 180 gr Gold Dot ...
Even though I have more semiauto pistols over revovlers .. I own 8 centerfire revolvers .. all considered carry guns .. 3 -38spl , 2 -44spl , 3- 357mag , Im going to pick up a Charter in 41 mag when I can swing it ...

As for your question.. about the 135gr 10mm ammo for SD or carry ammo ...Myself , Underwoods 180gr GD seems to be a better choice ... If you go lighter in 10mm , you might as well go to a 357mag ... The use of heavier or longer bullets is what separates the 10mm and the 357 Mag

Thanks again for taking the time for sharing this info..
And that 610 is sweet !!!

74A95

The whole point of 10mm is velocity, so shooting it out of a short barrel is . . . pointless.

You have a choice.

10mm from a short barrel.
40 S&W from a short barrel.
9mm from a short barrel.
45 Auto from a short barrel.

You get the idea . . .

wild cat mccane

It looks like those rounds failed? (ie, fell apart). A handgun hollow point that comes apart/sheds pieces is a bullet failure.

If so, that's precisely why Underwood/Double Tap/ Buffalo Bores' wicked higher FPS in bullets that don't need these high FPS is a bad thing.

Speer/Federal released their Gold Dot 10mm at 1,100FPS.

They know their bullet.

Last edited: