Uncle Mikes Grips Vs Hogue Bantam comparision

epic4444

Hey i was wondering if a member here who had both the Uncle Mike Grips and the Hogue Bantam grips for a j frame revolver could take a side by side comparision picture...im picking up my j frame soon and have been looking at the bantam but want to compare there size before buying

David the Gnome

They look pretty much the same to me. The Hogues have slightly deeper finger grooves but that's it.

Hogue:

Hogue_Jframe_61000.jpg

Uncle Mike's:

snw_163810.jpg

mtnbkr

I don't have side by side pics, but the Bantam fits my hand better than the UM. The Bantam is thicker, has deeper finger grooves, and is slightly softer and tackier. It just plain works better for me.

Chris

SaberOne

The Hogue grips feel better in my hand. Although If I were buying a set today, I would look at something that provides capture of the pinky.
Regards,

Tom2

I have some of the UM that are for concealment purposes like those shown. I also have the J frame longer style UM grips on a J frame right now. These are finger groove, support all fingers and have the backstrap covered for comfort and are better for larger hands. I prefer them for all but maybe CCW type of applications. If you do not want them to cover the backstrap you might as well go with some that are solid laminate wood or something, as they will not hang up due to friction against clothing.

David the Gnome

I feel inclined to add that if you are wanting to carry the gun in a pocket I highly suggest against either grip. You'll find the rubber grips way too grippy for pocket carry. I would suggest going for a nice set of wood grips as a better alternative.