Unbelieveable New Bass Pro (Altoona, Iowa)....warning pic heavy

Rembrandt

I been to nearly every Cabelas, Scheels, Sportsmans WH, and Bass Pro in the country....but this one takes the prize.

The store is by far the best display of wildlife and decor of any I've seen. A herd of Buffalo and Antelope in a Prairie floating above the shoppers. Makes Cabelas wildlife displays look....ho-hum. Unbelievable!

Plenty of the regular features like waterfalls and fish tanks, but the taxidermy in this store is second to none. Laser shooting gallery, home furnishings, and a huge boating wing. Gun selection is good, but unfortunately no "Gun Library" with high end collectibles. Large pistol and shotgun primers only.

Did I mention the NASCAR area with driving simulators. This store also features a bowling alley with neon glass lanes to simulate bowling on water....the balls return from the mouths of sharks and gators. Has a full service bar with undersea theme and aquariums....a restaurant and billiards room. Over 145,000 square feet of store.

Just east of Des Moines on I-80............well worth a look see!

8d0a77bd.jpg

e0868b47.jpg

1b009e7d.jpg

5e0a0836.jpg

c2982ace.jpg

b977a81c.jpg

javabum

live it up my friend....live it up.
we have a bass pro shop with in an hour drive of where i live and it dosent even come close to the theme park of a store you have.

BTW....you looking to adopt...i'll relocate....:D

226nsw

I live 15 min from there it's way nice just opened about 2 weeks ago I just wish the reloading section was better. There were no pistol primers when i was there last week.

J A

Bass Pro

:) From the look of the handgun counter it is no wonder handguns have been in such short supply of late. They had them all bought up for the new store. I can't wait to see it. Hopefully I can next weekend. Thanks for the pics. Jim

J.Netto

There's one right over the bridge, not to far into Indiana. I'll go every now and then. I pile the wife and kids in the car and take them too. My kids love that place. There's just as much for them to do, as there is for me. The first time I went, I noticed the high prices on firearms. $600.00 Glocks! And I remember seeing a 870 for $900.00 or something like that...Silly. At that point, I stopped looking at the prices of the guns, bought some ammo, and left. :eek: