UNarmed, billards, darts, onion rings and...

Sir William

A NUT CASE WITH A GUN-ACTIVE SHOOTER!! You are UNarmed because it IS a bar. What is your response? Improvised weapons? Edged weapons? Broken beer bottle? WWYD?

#18indycolts

I'd probably grab the closest pool cue, yes it may break but tis a good long weapon. Maybe I'd grab the 8ball, use it like a brass knuckle.:D, if the pool table was too far..I'd just use my beer mug and wallop it over their head.

Mikeyboy

If your being attacked by multipe attackers in a Bar and you need to fight your way out, you grab whatever is available. Otherwise, you just leave the bar. It is not like the movies, unless you feared for you life, you might be charged with assault, possibly assault with a deadly weapon.

CraigJS

In Minnesota it's not against the law to carry in a bar if you have a PCP. (permit to carry a pistol) You'd best not blow over a .04 (1/2 of a DWI). The BEST thing is to drink a soda.. Gain distance, get out if you can, use your EVER PRESENT CELL PHONE while your carrying. Only as a last resort draw/use your weapon. And stop the threat!!

281 Quad Cam

I would throw darts at him with accuracy and precision.

If that failed, I would break a bottle over the bar and say "You want me to cut you?"

If even that failed, I would jump into a full roundhouse kick which will at once incapacitate him, and disarm him!

SBrocker8

In all seriousness, I'd evaluate the situation and likely haul outta there, unless I was close enough, and the shooter was focussing on something else so intently that I could deliver a devastating enough blow to their head to make them go unconscious.

Topthis

If I am reading this "scenario" correctly. There is a guy in a bar with a gun and is SHOOTING it. There are pool sticks, ash trays, beer nuts etc to choose from as a weapon...not sure about the rest of you, but I am Outta There!! Best hope is to throw some pork rinds into his mouth and hope he suffocates on the dry mouth or better yet, a heart attack from the cholesterol clog he would get from em.
Seriously, any reply other than getting the hell outta there and calling the police is absolutely absurd!

R1145

My list, in order of preference:

- Get out of the kill zone;
- Take cover;
- Fight back;
- Die like a man.

ATW525

You are UNarmed because it IS a bar.

I wouldn't be unarmed to begin with. It's not illegal to carry into a bar here in NH, and I damned sure wouldn't go into a bar unarmed. If I lived somewhere that I couldn't carry into a bar, I just wouldn't go into the bar to begin with.

Archie

An old sage once remarked...

... in some cases the only thing better than presence of mind is absence of body. Car wrecks and shootings both spring to mind.

I do not go to bars where (a) I cannot carry my sidearm, or (b) I see a possibility of an armed assault. Obviously this is a strain as I am not precognitive, but I try to be aware of the places I frequent.

Be aware. Know where you are and the general tenor of the environment - the people and circumstances surrounding you. Know if and where the emergency exit is located. Do not be so 'involved' (drunk) you cannot see what is happening.

In short, be aware.

If one cannot keep reasonably sober and retain normal brain functions, perhaps one should hire a few bodyguards who will. I'm just not that wealthy.

Roadkill Coyote

I would pose a very vague, hypothetical question. Then, while he was trying to formulate a reply that covered all the possible scenarios, I'd finish my onion rings and stroll away into the sunset. ;)