Um, is SIG high?

SPUSCG

Im a bit of a SIG fanboy, but some products......

I hope they make a 229 extreme. I dont know, the grips on the extree series work for me. But Im not gonna be diamond plating guns.

Dragline45

Who authorizes these designs? I mean really who would look at that from a marketing perspective and think "wow there going to love it", and those 238 designs are even uglier. For all you out there who are going to say beauty is in the eye of the beholder and different strokes for different folks, I agree. But when your spending thousands upon thousands of dollar to come up with designs and alterations for firearms and actually produce them and implement them into the manufacturing process it makes no sense. The small amount of people who actually do like it will not make up for the cost that went into it. I have always been fine with the options of stainless, blued, and two tone.

Turning a sig into a car from the fast and the furious is a joke in my mind.

P238-Lady-Left-Detail.jpg

SPUSCG

I think the only 238 thing that looks nice is having an extended grip on the +1 mags, or bigger hands. everything else is stoopid.

WVsig

Cohen... loves his bling... :eek:

I mean those guns are seriously funny. I thought they would never top the rainbow titanium and now this....LOL :barf:

P220-Diamond-Detail-Hero.jpg

SPUSCG

Are reverse two tones ever going to show up? I like a stainless frame and black slide, but not the other way around, and pretty much only with some wood grips.

sight-on

Who wants one of these customs?? Have you seen the videos from seized drug lords and their thugs in Mexico? They're into their gold, diamonds, flashy colors and engravings...I think if you offered hydraulic shocks to make the gun bounce up and down to the beat of fiesta music, and down they'd buy it too!

gearhounds

Lots of manufacturers offer custom options for their products, but usually it is to commemorate something other than solely a higher pricetag. To each his own, but they don't appeal to me personally.

vyse.04

Regardless of what we think though, people must buy them. I don't think SIG is in the business to lose money. Some of the commemorative guns look nice, but generally I prefer a plain pistol to some extra markings. Either way, I know I wouldn't be caught dead with that F&TF one if I were in charge of some cartel (I swear that I'm not).

Nnobby45

when did guns stop becomeing tools to kill things and start becoming fashion statements

Well, let's see. During the Revolutionary War, there were rifles that sported some pretty fancy engraving. Started before that, and turning rifle, pistols and shotguns into conversation pieces and very fancy works of art has never really stopped.

I might add that the fancy eye catching stuff never took away from a firearm's ability to do it's intended job--fashion statement or not.:cool:

Last edited:

Major Beef

There are people from other countries that find these guns attractive, ie. collectors from South America, Asia and the Middle East.

To each their own ya know... My fiance loves that red and black sig that dragline posted. Aesthetics are part of a lot of peoples firearm choices. I mean look at all the people that hate on the glock purely because its ugly. How many people pick 1911's purely because they're good looking or pay extra for stainless models when its mostly just for looks. Theres a gun for almost everyone out there.