Ultimate Evil Black Rifle?

Destructo6

G3kA4

hk_g3ka4.jpg

Sam Adams

AR or AK, either is instantly recognizable.

Remember, it is the ultimate "evil" black rifle - "evil" being in the eye of the (hoplophobic) beholder. Thus it will be one of these two, even if some others have other qualities which make them better in some sense. JMHO.

MrPink

AR

What I'd really like to try out is the HKM4 upper when it comes out: G36 operating system on my M16 lower. I would hope that makes a super reliable shorty.

Last edited:

Handy

I would think the S. African R4. The nasty, complicated looks of the Galil but with black furniture and 40 round mags.

Now that's evil.

Rome

Satellite killer??

I've given four public "talks" about the semi-auto rifles of WWII and bring 24 rifles with me when I present them to the pubic. They are always well received. I just finished one on TOWN PROPERTY at the library, as a matter of fact. I was thrilled the town would allow it but they did.

Of all the rifles/bayo combos I put on display, two rifles always get instantly recognized: the AR15 (M16) and the AK47. Third in line is usually the M1 Garand with the Carbine right beind it.

I just finished building an AR15 (M16) clone (semi-auto only of course). Here's what it looks like:

AR15%20final%20photo%20left%20small.jpg

It has an SP1 original upper, neutered to meet with 922(r) compliance regs and shoots MOA all day long right out of the box. While it's a good example of a .223 shooter, I'd much prefer my L1A1 in plate or bowling pin shooting competition. That .223 just runs right through the pins while the NATO 308 knocks 'em down. I beat out 13 other "space gun" shooters with that L1A1 in the last match I shot with the L1A1. Yet, it does have a certain attraction that I can't explain! Go figure.

My AK, while in minty condition, doesn't like to be "aimed" and if I had my druthers, the AR would go with me while the AK would be an distant memory. I know there are a lot of guys who like the AKs but in reality, you shoot that rifle from the hip rather than from your shoulder....at least in my very humble opinion! I oftern wonder why anyone puts a scope on one!

Rome

Last edited:
AR. Why? It's the singular most versatile weapons systems you can get. By swapping uppers, you can have a target rifle, a carbine, a rifle, a smg. With a flattop, you can change sights quickly from red dot or scope and still have your iron sights as backup. Best of all, you can do almost all the work yourself.