Ultimate CCW Retention Test

Dave R

Some friends own a "Pump it Up!" franchise (party center with inflatable rides.) They threw a party tonight, and I went with the kids. Packing, of course. IWB at 4:00, with a fleece vest as a cover garment.

Well, I kinda got into the spirit of the party. I went down the slides. I tried the bouncing basketball arena with my son (16 yrs.) I was careful to keep notice of how well the holster was retaining. I even tried the bouncy "King of the Hill" thing with padded quarterstaffs.

Then he challenged me to the obstacle course. ("Squeeze Play.") I was suddenly very conscious of the fact that I would probably have to be upside down at least once if I were to have any chance keeping it close. I decided that I could tone down as needed if I felt any loosening of the gun. After all, I'm an old guy. I could come down lame at any point...

So he dusted me. He was done before I got to the final obstacle. But the gun never shifted. I even rolled down the final slide, instead of sliding.

Pretty impressive retention. So you're wondering what kind of holster it was? I honestly don't remember. I bought it many years ago for a PPK clone. It was now carrying a Taurus PT-145. Its a suede thing with a really big belt clip. Fit pretty snug. Held real fine.

I recommend playing with the kids as a great test of your carry rig.

IZinterrogator

I recommend playing with the kids as a great test of your carry rig.
Ummm, since this is a test of something gun-related that is not yet proven and is being done around the kiddies, wouldn't an unloaded gun be in order?

Learn to crawl and walk before you run that marathon.