ultimate ccw 1911?

SpookBoy

Well i was surfing the net,and came across a photo & website,with what IMO looks to be the smallest 1911 i've ever seen.....
STLTH3.jpg

my question is ,is this thing a wet dream or what?:D j/k. all jokes aside has anyone had any experience with this company?they also do custom sigs too,
http://www.tjscustomgunworks.com/ if so can we get a range report?I think a .45 acp that rivals the size of a dollar bill is very interisting to say the least!:cool:

azredhawk44

I think the draw would take some getting used to.

Some folks whine and carry on regarding finger grooves, let alone rings.

10-96

Uh yeah... and let's see many average folks get much quality range time with that thing. Guess it's true- somebody will make anything for anybody. I'll pass.

Ultimate CCW 1911? I guess if your only concern was carrying the gun and not how many rounds it held, getting a quick grip, or how well you could fire it (including followup shots), then maybe so. Otherwise, it seems like it may be paired down too far such that it borders on or crosses the line for being as effectively wielded.

From the site...

Stealth-3 Custom TJ Cut Down 4+1 .45, Based on the Balaster Molina .45
Until the AMT D.A. .45 was the Smallest .45 Auto for Years !
Fully "Melted" (Sharp Edges Rounded) - Black Teflon Plated - Cocobolo Grips
Custom Finger Rings Added For Postitive Grip When Running Or In Combat.
Cut Down Guns Have MIDDLE Sections Removed, NOT Just Cut Off Ends.

I dont' recall Balaster Molina 1911s as being all that great, but maybe I am in error.

I really liked the comment that cut down guns have the middle sections removed, not just the ends cut off. So apparently the guns are sawed into parts, mid sections removed, and then welded back together? That would be pretty neat, but I have to wonder how well that will work out over the long haul. Maybe you really aren't supposed to shoot the little guns?

Richard

"I dont' recall Balaster Molina 1911s as being all that great, but maybe I am in error."

My Ballester-Molina is a great shooting handgun. I have $500 in my B-M and it will shoot rings around most $500 1911s. Regards, Richard:D

My Ballester-Molina:
eccef726.jpg

10-96

I've always had the wants for a Balaster Molina- but all of them that have shown up around here (that I've ran across) have been in really poor shape. Still keepin my eye out for one that could show promise as a re-finisher though.

I have $500 in my B-M and it will shoot rings around most $500 1911s.

That is what I thought. The notion of paying big bucks for a highly customized gun made from very inexpensive stock is not a recipe for getting a well made gun.

ooreach

Ballester-Molina for $500 awsome deal....the tiny one makes me wonder. 3 shot? 4 with one in the pipe? yikes!! My smallest revolver holds 5 357 and now I have one just slightly bigger that holds 7 rounds.

1tfl

I think I remember seeing that pistol in one of the gun magazines about 15 years ago. The ring under the trigger guard was so you can keep your finger on the grip and not slip off during recoil.

JoeBlackSpade

ROFL! Red velvet? Hundred dollar bills?

Where does this ad appear- The Pimp Journal?

ROFL!

Not much hand surface for control.

And what exactly are you going to do with a 3-round magazine? I don't see this being much more than a novelty, or at best perhaps an ankle back-up. It's kind of cool to look at, but I don't see it being a good self defense weapon.

HAWKIN

That is not the smallest true .45 auto ever created, there is one smaller. The Semmerling LMX. Originally contracted for Army special Ops the LMX was thought for many years to be a myth. The simple fact is that they were designed and completely hand built by the same genius that created the Semmerling LM4. The firearm, along with a complete (and astonishing!) collection of Semmerlings was gifted to the National Firearms museum just a year ago. Those that visit the museum will be able to see an LMX.

The firearm uses the incredibly rare "strip forward" methode to cycle rounds. The friction of the bullet traveling down the barrel actually cycles the slide (returned to battery through an ingenius spring system). The LMX also has a threaded barrel (and required slide lock for absolutely silent shots) for those silent ops times. All this and its the same size as the LM4. The contract was fullfiled and the gun is one of America's rarest and most unusual .45s.

Lastly, the designer always knew that the LM4 could have been originally designed as an auto loader. But there were two important reasons why he chose not to make the Semmerling LM4 an auto loader. First, the Semmerling LM4 was designed as a back-up weapon solely. As most operatives would instinctively know, most back-up situations are when one is looking down the barrel of their own weapon and those kind of conflicts rarely lasted past a single shot. The task is to make that shot 100% fail safe and deadly. Many confuse a back-up weapon with a primary. Secondly, being a superb engineed, he knew that the resulting kick from firing a .45 with such small mass would be just what it turned out to be...a real eye opener! Still, the Army wanted the smalles automatic loader .45acp they could have for their suppressors....they got it. Yes, its a double action too!

Enjoy the picture.

Attachments

• xlm.jpg
    xlm.jpg
    43.5 KB · Views: 147