Ubertti NMA Target Carbine

RC20

I am intrigued by this and also I see the various reports and ?????

For me its just a thought to entertainment. I am very much enjoying shooting the ASP NMA and the Pietta NMA Target.

Normally I am an umber serious rifle target shooter (bench). I can do a good steady hold let alone what I could when I was younger and got to be good with a Pistol.

I am seeing two major questions on the Carbine.

1. Sight picture being different than the pistols with closer to the body and the fit of the stock to the shoulder. I am not tall but I am seriously broad shouldered.

2. the other is the blast back on the left side of the face (I am a right handed). Some report that as an issue and some don't mention it.

So looking for thoughts to push me one way or the other. Again its just a fun thing, building rifles and working at the smallest groups I can get is plenty of serious for me.

Oliver Sudden

I’ve shot a cap and ball revolver with a shoulder stock for one cylinder full and don’t want to do it again. The blast was extremely strong and cap fragments hit my forehead. Keep your hands behind the cylinder in case of a chain fire.

RC20

That you, that certainly confirms that aspect.

My shooting would be off a bag so no reason to have the hand in front but also taken seriously. Its for sure a different setup than any Carbine you would come across.

Deltadart

One thought, if you make your own percussion caps as many do, you could try the .004 thick brass strip from Amazon in place of the beer can aluminum most use. The brass strips make a cap that is much stronger than either the home made ones or even the commercial ones. I have not shot the carbine with the brass caps so I can not verify this will actually work, but my experience with a long rifle has been good with them. Keep in mind these are long barreled revolvers, not long rifles. If you would not shoot at it with a pistol (game) probably not a good idea to shoot at it with a carbine. There are of course folks that have killed medium ame with the carbine, and if they are good enough with them, I suppose that is OK, but why not use a .50 or .54 Hawken?