Uberti Revolving Carbine

cnemeth

I just read GOW #20 and I really like the looks of the Uberti Revolving Carbine. Has anyone tried one? Uberti's web site lists traditional fixed sight models, and models with adjustable sights. Would the adj sight model be SASS legal?

Thanks
Chris Nemeth

Bill Mitchell

Staff Alumnus
Howdy,

The Revolving Carbine isn't legal for a SASS rules match. A main match rifle has to be a lever or slide (pump) action feeding from a tubular magazine. That being said,it's possible that your local match my let you shoot it, If you do,you would be handicapped by the fact that you could only load 5 rounds into it,but most stages call for 8-10 rounds fired from the rifle,so you'd be forced to reload on the clock.

Besides all that,revolving carbines are really cool little guns. Gunsmith and trick shooter Bill Ogelsby has one that he modified with a pump forearm that cocks the gun and turns the cylinder. You can hold the trigger back and let five rounds go downrange in a very short period of time.

Bellicose Bill

Ned Roundtree

I looked at them once. Neat guns. But then I started thinking about load your rifle with ten rounds, reloads, etc. One club has a rifle favorite stage. Load rifle to max and fire twenty rounds at targets. Lots of cowboys started trading their shorter carbines after that match. Plus you still grip it as a pistol. So no real advantage that a rifle gives you. With that said it is still a neat gun!