Uberti Cattleman in .357 magnum report

Pico

I got one of these at Academy and was pleasantly surprised at how well it shot. Nothing fancy, just a plain finish, nice hefty weight and very robust barrel and cylinder. It appears they took .45 parts and bored them for the smaller ammo with thicker walls as a result on these components.

Maybe the SA forces you to aim better by slowing you down but overall I shot it very well, very quickly. I shot up to 125 grain, 1450 fps screaming .357 magnum and it looked like a flamethrower but it was very manageable. Thirty eight felt like .22. I think .38+P would be perfect.

For a sub $300 gun, a great deal and a great beginners gun to learn the basics, or something to take to the range every now and then.

I would have never considered a SA revolver before (I'm a semi-auto guy) but I have to say that this is an awesome gun.

Pico

AirForceShooter

SA wheelies can be great fun.
Not bad for keeping sharp on trigger control.
If you reload you don't look like a homeless person collecting can when you chase those shell casings.

AFS

Jim March

They work. DO NOT forget though, it's a "five up" gun: half-cock it, open the loading gate, load one, skip one, load four, close the gate, bring it to full cock and then ease it back down all the way on the empty chamber. Then look at it sideways at the firing pin area to make sure you did it right.

It doesn't have a safety that can be trusted for all-six carry.

Cheapshooter

I bought one of it's larger bore cousins a couple months ago. 45LC Cimarron. Also made by Uberti. It shoots great left to right, but is way low at 10, and 25 yds. I'll play with loads until I find the one I want to shoot in it, then do a little surgical adjustment to the front blade.
Very happy with it. Enjoy your new piece of the old West!

Pico

Got it Jim

Yes, it's not my carry piece anyway but I know this gun is retro-old school and there is no transfer bar to allow hammer down carry on a live round.

Not a problem for me and the basic design is kinda appealing.

Pico

Shadi Khalil

I recently got my first single action, a Ruger New Vaquero in .357 as well. I absolutely love everything about the gun and want to add another single action to my stable. However, rather than another Vaquero, I think I'll probably pick up a Uberti as well. While the six up is nice to have, I'd like something more traditional and blued.